Training required for trained servicepeople
New employees must be trained before their first occupational exposure to pesticides. Documentation needs to be kept in their personnel file while with the company and for three years after termination of employment
- Employees can be trained by reading Trained Serviceperson Manual: OSU Bulletin 863 (pdf file) or equivalent training from the employer. Documentation form is on page six and can be copied.
- A Spanish language pdf version of the Trained Serviceperson Manual: OSU Bulletin 863-S (pdf file) is also available. Documentation form is on page six and can be copied.
Direct Supervision Requirements
- Supervisor must be have an Ohio Commercial Applicator License.
- Licensed supervisor must demonstrate instruction and control over trained serviceperson.
- Licensed applicator must be within 25 miles or available within 2 hours when a pesticide application is being made by the trained serviceperson.
- Licensed applicators providing supervision must be employed by the same company or agency as the trained serviceperson