Commercial Pesticide Applicator Categories
1 - Aerial Pest Control - application of pesticide via aircraft. (As of 10/20/2017, an additional category is no longer needed)
2 - Agricultural Pest Control
- 2a - Agronomic Pest Control - application of pesticides to agronomic crops for the control of pests other than weeds and vertebrates.
- 2b - Horticultural Pest Control - application of pesticides to fruit and vegetable crops for the control of pests other than weeds and vertebrates.
- 2c - Agricultural Weed Control - application of pesticides (other than soil fumigants) for the control of weeds in agronomic crops or horticultural crops except for nursery stock and turf.
- 2d - Seed Treatment - application of pesticides to seed for the control of insects and disease organisms
- 2e - Tobacco Sucker Control - application of growth regulators to tobacco plants for the control of sucker growth
- 2f - Soil Fumigation - Application of fumigants to soil for the control of soil-inhabiting pests
3 - Aquatic Pest Control
- 3a - General Aquatic Pest Control - application of pesticides to standing or running water, other than swimming pools, for the control of aquatic pests.
- 3b - Boat Antifoulant - application of marine paints which contain pesticides for the control of fouling organisms.
- 3c - Sewer Root Control - application of restricted-use pesticides to sewer pipes for the control of tree roots.
4 - Forest Pest Control
- 4a - General Forest Pest Control - application of pesticides to forested areas for the control of tree pests and weeds, and for the selective elimination of unwanted wood species as a forest management practice.
- 4b - Wood Preservation - application of pesticides to wood products such as cros-sties, poles, shingles, posts or wood products that are not fungi, marine pests or weather. (This category does not include treatment for the control of termites)
5 - Industrial Vegetation - application of pesticides to non-agricultural lands such as roadways, public water courses, utility rights-of-way, or in close proximity to industrial sites, power stations, parking lots, or similar areas for the control or eradication of unwanted vegetation.
6 - Ornamental Plant & Shade Tree Pest Control
- 6a - General Ornamental Pest Control - application of pesticides to control insects and diseases of exterior ornamental plants and trees, and weeds of exterior ornamental areas such as landscape beds, tree and shrub plantings, sidewalks, driveways, or similar areas.
- 6b - Interior Plantscape - application of pesticides to control insects, diseases, and weeds of indoor ornamental plants in locations such as homes, offices, shopping malls, stores, or similar sites.
- 6c - Ornamental Weed Control - application of pesticides to exterior ornamental areas such as landscape beds, tree and shrub plantings, sidewalks, driveways, or similar areas for the control or eradication of unwanted vegetation.
- 6d - Greenhouse Pest Control - application of pesticides to control insects, diseases, and weeds of plants grown under glass or plastic cover.
7 - Vertebrate - application of pesticides other than fumigants for the control of pest birds whether within or outside of structures, for the control of rodents, and any other vertebrates declared by the director to be a pest, in situations other than covered under category 10.
8 - Turf - application of pesticides other than soil fumigants to lawns, turf, sod, or to soil areas being prepared for the production of turf for the control of pests except vertebrates.
9 - Animal Pest Control - application of pesticides other than fumigants to domestic or confined animals, livestock, and poultry, or to structures in which they are confined, for the control of pests of such animals.
10 - Domestic, Institutional, Structural & Health Related Pest Control
- 10a - General Pest Control - application of pesticides other than fumigants in or around human dwellings, industrial plants and business offices, food-handling establishments, schools, hospitals or other institutions, warehouses, grain elevators, or similar buildings to control pests, including rodents of such structures or of occupants, furnishings or provisions of those structures except for the control of pest birds and wood-destroying insects or fungi.
- 10b - Termite - application of pesticides other than fumigants in or around various structures, or to the ground prior to construction of a structure for the control of termites and other invertebrate wood-destroying organisms.
- 10c - Fumigation - application of fumigants to structures, or to commodities or equipment which are enclosed within structures or other specially confined areas such as bins, rooms, cargo spaces, and boxcars for the control of any invertebrate pests contained within these structures or confined areas.
- 10d - Mosquito, House Fly and Other Vector Control - application of pesticides outdoors to control invertebrate pests which pose a threat to public health or those which institute a nuisance to humans such as mosquitoes, house flies, chiggers, and ticks.
11 - Specialized pest control - the application of pesticides, except fumigants, to the property of others under circumstances
12 - Wood Destroying Insect Diagnostic Inspection - the examination of a structure at the request of any party involved in a contemplated real estate transaction for a wood-destroying insect inspection. Other requirements with this category: attendance at a 5-hour Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Training Program.