This online recertification course is only for Private Pesticide Applicators whose license expired in the spring of 2020 and were unable to recertify as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will need your pesticide license number to complete this online course.
Please call the Ohio Department of Agriculture at 614-728-6987 if you don't know your license number.
The completion of this three hour program in its entirety will be required for all private pesticide applicators who still need credit, regardless of the categories that appear on your license or the number of credit hours already obtained. This training course includes a series of self-paced videos in which a green check mark will appear once you have completed each video. The videos will need to be watched in sequential order. You can click "Home" at any time to return to the list of categories/videos. Three hours of recertification will be offered in the following categories:
- Core: 1 hour
- Category 1, Grain & Cereal Crops: 30 min
- Category 2, Forage & Livestock: 30 min
- Category 3, Fruit & Vegetable Crops: 15 min
- Category 4, Nursery & Forest Crops: 15 min
- Category 5, Greenhouse Crops: 15 min
- Category 6, Fumigation: 15 min
- To receive credits in fertilizer (category 15) you will need to enroll in the separate Fertilizer Recertification Course
The deadline to recertify is now 90 days after the state of emergency Executive Order ends or December 1, 2020, whichever comes first. You may return to this course multiple times to work at your own pace, but the course must be completed by the deadline.