Ohio Pesticide Commercial Applicator Recertification Conferences 2013: SANDUSKY
- Complete requirements for Ohio commercial pesticide recertification in one day
- Speakers include Ohio State University Extension state specialists, field specialists, and researchers
- Ohio Department of Agriculture personnel and key industry leaders are also on program
- Kalahari Conference Center also has an indoor water park. There is a special rate for 4 water park passes and a hotel room for $179 on the night of March 20, 2013. Use the guest code OSU Extension Pesticide Safety Education Program and book before February 18, 2013.
Check-in will begin at 7:45 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. on March 21, 2013
Classes begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 3:30 p.m.
Special note: you'll need to attend the entire day to meet the five hours required for an Ohio commercial license.
Pre-registration closes at midnight, March 18, 2013. Mailed registrations must be received by March 14, 2013. Registration includes morning and afternoon conference breaks and conference proceedings book.
- Conference Only is $75/person
- Conference with Lunch is $95/person (Lunch menu will be announced later)
Ohio State University departments use the eRequest system for payment. Please list Pesticide Safety Education Program, Ohio State University Extension, as the vendor.
On-Site Registration Fees:
On-site registration will be available starting at 7:45 a.m. on March 21, 2013 at the conference site. On-site registration includes morning and afternoon conference breaks and conference proceedings book.
- Conference Only is $85/person
- There is no lunch available with on-site registration
Reciprocity is available for licensed commerical pesticide applicators who hold licenses in other states. At the conference in Sandusky, you may receive credit for the states below. To determine the amount of credit for each state, please visit the website or call the individual state's licensing agency.
- West Virginia
Exams are offered at the conference site by the Ohio Department of Agriculture and are not part of the conference program. All categories exams will be available at the conference site.
Do not register for the conference if you are only taking an exam. Click here to register for the exam with the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
There is a $25 processing charge for any refunds. No refunds will be given after March 31, 2013. There is a $30 fee for returned checks.
Fresh garden salad
Fresh assorted rolls & butter
Chicken parmigiana - breaded chicken breast pan fried & served with marinara sauce, mozzarella & parmesan cheeses
Chef's choice seasonal vegetable
Chef's choice starch
Fresh baked cookies
Fresh brewed coffee, tea, and iced tea
For special needs or accomodations for a disability, please call (614) 292-4070 at least two weeks prior to the event.
To keep a commercial pesticide applicator license current, applicators must take 5 hours of recertification credit every 3 years. The specific requirements are:
1 hour of Core required
+ 1/2 hour in each category on applicator license required
+ additional time in any category (after completing 1 hour of core and each category requirement)
= 5 hours of time for recertification