Private Pesticide Applicator
A private applicator applies restricted-use pesticides on his/her own land, or rented land, and produces an agricultural commodity. Want to learn more about becoming a licensed private applicator? Click here for the license procedure.
Here are some helpful resources:
Recordkeeping Requirements - for private pesticide applicators
Labels and Products - databases for registered pesticides
Drift Reduction - fact sheets and resources for reducing drift
Pest Management - resources for managing weeds, insects, disease, and other pests
Worker Protection Standard - federal regulation that applies to certain growers
Pesticide-Related Apps - helpful apps for smartphones, iPhones, and other mobile devices
- National Pesticide Information Retrieval System (Find Ohio-registered pesticide products)
- Ohio Restricted Pesticide Products (Maintained by Ohio Department of Agriculture) *Sorry, currently this link is not active. Please check back later.
- Crop Data Management System, Inc (Source of pesticide labels from the manufacturers)
- Ohio 24(c) Special Local Needs Labels
- Ohio Section 18 Emergency Exemptions
Search the following databases for products labeled for specified sites or crops. Searches can also be done for targeted pests or active ingredients.