Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection Training (for Category 12)
Taught at the Ohio Department of Agriculture in Reynoldsburg
Ohio Department of Agriculture
Bromfield Administration Building
8995 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
April 4, 2017 (Tuesday)
*Fall/Winter 2017 date TBA
- Once you have applied for your license and paid the licensing fee, you will be sent study materials for the Core test and the Category 12 Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection test
2. Pass the Core test and Category 12 exams
- These tests will be offered after this training course for your convenience
- After applying for your license, you have up to a year to pass the applicator exams
- Core test - general pesticide safety. NOTE: This course will not prepare you for the core exams
3. Complete this mandatory training course
- This course will review the content on the Category 12 test only. It will not prepare you for the core exam. If you would like a review class for Core, please attend the morning session of our New Pesticide Applicator Training, or use the study material provided.
*If you are currently a licensed applicator, you need to only pass the Category 12 exam and complete the mandatory training course.
On-site registration: $100
Registration and check in opens at 8:30 a.m. The class begins at 9:00 a.m. The class fees include a continental breakfast, instruction, and class notes. Lunch is included with pre-registration. Pre-registration closes one hour prior to course date.
If using a purchase order when registering for the class, click here for W-9 form
Ohio State University Employees: Click here to register with an e-request.
On-site registration accepts cash and check ONLY. No credit cards can be used for on-site registration.
Wood-Destroying Insect - Category 12
This course is required to receive state certification to conduct wood-destroying insect inspections for real estate transactions.
Requirements for a Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection License
Apply for a Ohio Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Even if you are not making pesticide applications, you will need to have a license with this category for inspections
- After applying for your license, you will recieve study materials in 4-6 weeks. The study materials will also be provided at the training course.
- Pass the core test and category 12 test
- Complete this mandatory course (only covers Cat 12, not core)
The test will be offered upon completion of the course. You may take the test before taking the course.
For more information about Wood-Destroying Insect Inspections, click here.