Commercial Pesticide Applicator
A commercial applicator applies pesticides for hire or on publicly accessible sites such as golf courses, apartment complexes, restaurants, schools, etc. Also includes applicators who work for a government agency. Commercial applicators must be licensed to use both restricted and general use products. Want to learn more about becoming a licensed commercial applicator? Click here for the license procedure.
Here are some helpful resources for regulatory requirements for commercial pesticide applicators:
Recordkeeping Requirements - for commercial pesticide applicators
Lawn Postings - requirement for turf applicators
Ohio IPM Standard - Integrated Pest Managment (IPM) standards for Ohio businesses or applicators offering IPM services or organizations or agencies claiming to be using IPM. Agriculture uses are excluded from this standard.
Pesticide Use in Schools- Ohio rules for pesticide use inside of classroom buildings for K-12 school districts. Also includes building perimeter treatments.
Labels and Products - databases for registered pesticides
Pest Management - resources for managing weeds, insects, disease, and other pests
- National Pesticide Information Retrieval System (Find Ohio-registered pesticide products)
- Ohio Restricted Pesticide Products (Maintained by Ohio Department of Agriculture) *Sorry, currently this link is not active. Please check back later.
- Crop Data Management System, Inc (Source of pesticide labels from the manufacturers)
- Ohio 24(c) Special Local Needs Labels
- Ohio Section 18 Emergency Exemptions
There's an app for that!